We are a privately owned technical tooling and industrial product supplier to the manufacturing engineering industry for over 40 years. We have a vacancy for a field based Sales and Application Engineer to support our existing customers technically. Our award winning approach and experience in tooling, integration, industrial supplies and tooling management, has allowed us to become one of the largest truly independent companies within our field.
About the Role
We are looking for a time served and experienced Mechanical Engineer to help develop Sales and Application Engineering in our geographic region of South Devon, Avon & West Somerset and South Wales, covering all industry sectors. The key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Maximise our sales potential by providing Technical Product & Application Support to our customers’ manufacturing needs, to help enhance our position at each customer.
- Manage your own diary for appointment planning with efficient time management, covering the geographic area effectively whilst evaluating customers’ needs and project requirements.
- Promote and work with our preferred manufacturer’s products to help support our goals and objectives in delivering the best cost effective solution.
- Expand our customer base through value added customer support.
- Liaise between our customers and our head office for all enquiries, quotations and lead times in helping to deliver a first class service, often working to strict deadlines.
A number of our key customers use products provided through industrial vending machines, so training on the use, set up and stock management is also an essential part of our service support.
The ideal candidate for our Sales and Application Engineer position will have the following;
- A good overall understanding of engineering manufacturing and knowledge of cutting tools, with a recognized qualification in mechanical / manufacturing / machining engineering.
- Being able to read engineering drawings and, with training, the ability to advise product selection.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Have the enthusiasm, desire and motivation to succeed.
- Demonstrate a reliable and dependable attitude to our customers.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel & Outlook.
- High attention to detail with strong administration skills.
How to Apply
This is a full time permanent position, with company car, mobile phone and laptop. 20 days holiday with contributory pension scheme. Remuneration dependent upon experience.
Applicants are invited to send a CV with covering letter to:
Mr A Seymour – Sales Director
West Country Tool Co. Ltd, 110 Queen Street, Newton Abbot, Devon. TQ12 2EU. www.wcti.co.uk
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org